Weekend Meal Inspiration - Game Day Chicken Wings
These are the ones that started the company!
Eric’s Famous Chicken Wings
· 5 - 6 lbs chicken wings
· 4 – 5 tbs olive oil
· Township 27 Cluck n Squeal or Death by Pork spice blend
1. Set smoker at 225 degrees. Fill water tray.
2. Place the chicken wings in a large bowl along with the olive oil, toss well until the wings are coated completely with oil. Add some more oil if necessary. This helps the rub to stick to the wings.
3. Add the rub to the wings, a bit at a time and toss. Continue adding the rub and tossing until the wings are nicely coated. You can add more or less rub to the wings, as your taste dictates.
4. Place the wings on racks in the smoker, leaving room around them for the heat and smoke to circulate.
5. Add the wood chips to the smoker box, place the smoker box in the smoker, close everything up, and let it smoke for 2 ½ to 3 hours until the wings are 165 degrees minimum. About half way through, switch bottom rack to top rack and top to bottom rack, keeps wings from drying out on the bottom rack. Check after 2 hours to make sure there is enough water in the catch tray.
This recipe uses a propane smoker, cheap and reliable! The propane smoker can keep the temperature constant for many, many hours, and is fuss free.
Heather’s Favorite Wings (kid tested and approved)
Three of our favorite ways to do wings for pub night!
Plain and Simple Fried Wings (these turned a 7-year-old into a wing-lover)
1. Preheat your deep fryer or oil to 350° F.
2. Toss chicken wings in Township27 Plain and Simple blend and let sit for 5 min.
3. Toss in a light coating of flour, and deep fry for 8 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce, we use Back at the Ranch thickened with some mayo, or Alberta Gold.
Lemon Pepper Air Fryer Wings
1. Preheat your air fryer.
2. Toss the wings in lemon juice and then sprinkle with Lemon Up and some sea salt. Let sit for 20min.
3. Add the wings to the hot air fryer and follow the directions for your air fryer for chicken wings. Add time if you need to, but cook until the lemon juice starts to caramelize and is almost burnt.
Baked Sauced Chicken Wings
1. Preheat oven to 450° F.
2. Dry the wings with paper towel and arrange skin side up on a rack over a baking sheet (spray the rack with cooking spray and line the cookie sheet with foil for easy cleanup).
3. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, or use your favorite rub or blend.
4. Bake, turning every 20min or so until the wings are browned and crispy. This can take up to an hour depending on the size of your wings.
5. Remove from oven, toss with your favourite sauce. For some extra caramelization, return to the over after coating with the sauce for 5 minutes.